Be aware that scammers have been using bogus email accounts with Dr. Rummage's name or other staff members to ask for help or assistance financially or discreetly. We as a staff will not ask you in an email for any help financially, nor will we ask you to engage in discreet communication.
Please be aware of these frustrating emails and how you can protect yourself and help prevent email fraud at QSBC:
- Do not respond to these emails, but instead call us any time at the church number 405-755-9240 to discuss any financial matters.
- Notice that the emails will often say the right name, but the actual email address will not be correct. The email address may even be close, but not correct.
- Our legitimate church email accounts have not been hacked. These scammers are actually creating brand new email accounts using our names. There is no way to combat this other than awareness.
- We do use software, Fellowship One, that will send out staff emails and ministry emails and these are all safe.
- We also use an email newsletter software called Constant Contact, and these emails are safe.
- Be suspicious of anything that does not seem right. We as a staff will not ask you in an email for any help financially, nor will we ask you to engage in discreet communication. Again, please call the church number to clarify and talk with us directly.
- Please report any suspicious activity to the church at any time at 405-755-9240.
This is frustrating for now, but remember our God is the Judge: Mark 4:22 "For everything that is hidden will eventually be brought into the open, and every secret will be brought to light."