Fifth Grade Purity Conference
January 29, 6-9 PM
Because our schools provide sex education in February/ March, we are providing a purity conference training from a biblical perspective with clearly explained anatomy of human development with parents present. Here are the details. Register below.
|6:00 pm||Pizza & Game Show - Mr. Mark|
|7:00-7:50||Session 1- What is Happening to Me? Mr. Mark (boys) & April Garrison (girls)|
|8:00-8:50||Session 2- Purity: Old Fashion or Modern Concept -Van, April
|9:00-9:30||Conference Wrap-Up - Mr. Mark
Important to Note: masks will be required while we meet and families can spread apart to provide a more safe environment for our conference. Speakers will stand at least six feet away so they can remove their mask to be more easily heard during the teaching time.
This conference will not be available as a virtual event or recorded due to the sensitivity of the subject matter.
Questions & Answers:
- Can we invite others? Families outside our church are welcomed but must register ahead.
- Can a child attend without a parent present? No
- Can I pay the $15.00 when I arrive. No, you must register by midnight January 27. Food & supplies will be purchased according to the number registered.
- What if I register and pay but cannot attend, is there a refund? No, we're sorry.
- What if my child or I have food allergies and the menu doesn’t work for us? You are welcome to bring your own food. There is a refrigerator and microwave available if needed.
- Is this some kind of sex education talk? The information deals with the facts of human development yet stays age appropriate for preteens. Gender specific sessions with kids & parents are by design so both are hearing the content so future conversations have the advantage.
- Will these classes be offered again? Our hope is to offer this event and Sunday morning Bible studies each year before the school systems roll out their planned classes. We desire for parents to be equipped to begin these conversations instead of the child’s peers, school programs or media.
- Can our other children attend? No. This conference is designed for preteens with two Bible study Sundays prior. Younger children will have an opportunity later so enjoy this child and parents moment together. Of course, the way this information is presented will be helpful in equipping parents to talk to their children at any age. Sex education, most often, starts in the bathtub when asking questions and understanding anatomy. When a parent is more informed and speaks in a matter-of-fact voice, it will be more natural and comfortable for both parent and child.
- What are the topics of the conference as a whole?
1. You’ve Got Standards
2. Everyone Else Wears It
3. Purity: Old Fashion or Modern Concept
4. What is Happening to Me? (Clearly explained anatomy & human development)
- Do you recommend any books or resources for parents with kids of other ages? Yes, there are a number of books available in most book stores but for faith-based books, we recommend the award winning book series “God’s Design for Me” Nav Press:
Book 1- The Story of Me (ages 3-5)
Book 2- Before I Was Born (ages 5-8)
Book 3- What’s the Big Deal? (ages 8-11)
Book 4- Facing the Facts (ages 11-14)
- What if I suspect my child is already sexually active? It’s never too late to start this conversation. The Purity Conference may allow you both to be on the same page and open the conversation about health, well-being, establishing routine medical exams, the dangers of pornography and the joy of living a life that honors Christ. Getting professional counsel is always a good choice when intervening in difficult situations. A list of trusted counselors is available upon request.
Please register by midnight on January 27.
Who? Fifth Graders & Parents
When? January 29
Where? The Commons
Cost: $15.00 per family (includes meal)