Join Us in Spreading Holiday Joy: Our Thanksgiving Basket Tradition
Every year, as the leaves turn to hues of red and gold and a crisp autumn breeze fills the air, we come together as a community to celebrate not just the season, but the spirit of giving. Our beloved Thanksgiving Basket event is a cherished tradition that helps families in need during the holiday season.
Thanksgiving is a time for gratitude, reflection, and coming together with loved ones. Unfortunately, not everyone in our community has the means to enjoy a bountiful feast on this special day. That’s where you come in! We invite each and every member of our congregation to join us in this meaningful endeavor.
What is the Thanksgiving Basket Event?
The Thanksgiving Basket event is a heartfelt initiative that embodies the true essence of the holiday season. Here’s how it works: We provide shopping lists filled with essential items, and we ask our generous congregation to take one (or more) of these lists and fill a bag to the brim with food items that will create a delicious Thanksgiving meal for a family in need.
Why We Do It
We believe that Thanksgiving is a time for unity, compassion, and showing gratitude for the blessings in our lives. It’s also a time to extend a helping hand to those who may be facing difficult circumstances. The Thanksgiving Basket event allows us to share the abundance and warmth of the season with our neighbors who may be struggling financially, helping them experience the joy of a hearty Thanksgiving meal.
How You Can Get Involved
Participating in the Thanksgiving Basket event is simple and immensely rewarding. Here’s what you can do:
- Pick Up a Shopping List: Visit our church or designated locations to pick up a shopping list. Each list includes the essential items needed for a complete Thanksgiving dinner.
- Shop with Care: Head to your local grocery store with the shopping list in hand. Choose high-quality items and imagine the joy they will bring to the family receiving them.
- Fill Your Basket: Fill a bag with the items on your list.
- Drop Off Your Donation: Bring your filled Thanksgiving basket back to the church by Sunday November 5th. You can drop your bag under the stairwell at the Fellowship Hall or take them to the Hill during regular business hours.
- Spread the Word: Encourage friends, family, and neighbors to participate. The more, the merrier!
- Give a Monetary Gift: If you’re not able to shop, you’re more than welcome to give a monetary gift. We have giving envelopes available at the stairwell in the Fellowship Hall or across from the welcome desk by the Parlor.
- Make a Recommendation: If you know someone in need that could benefit from a Thanksgiving basket, please call (405) 751-1621
The Impact of Your Kindness
When you participate in our Thanksgiving Basket event, you are making a tangible difference in the lives of those less fortunate. Your generosity ensures that families in need can gather around a table filled with love and nourishment, sharing in the spirit of the season.