Gravity Weekend is a discipleship weekend that allows our student ministry to crank up the gravitational intensity on our students. It is a weekend which brings us back to the center of Christ, and causes us to examine our relationship with Him, each other, and the world around us.
Our weekend always has a major theme and study in which we expose both in every activity we do all weekend. During the weekend, small groups meet in the homes of church members for in-depth discipleship. These small group times are led by college students from around the state with the goal of beginning or strengthening the ongoing process of discipleship in each student’s life.
One of the most crucial parts of the weekend is our worship services. Each year we have a speaker and a worship leader to lead us in corporate worship. We conclude our weekend on Sunday morning as we come together to reflect on the impact of the weekend and commit to the decisions made. Please pray for our students, leaders, and our weekend as a whole that God would begin a fresh call to obedience like we’ve never seen! Feel free to ask questions, or better yet, be a part of this literally life-changing time with our students!
Gravity Weekend 2017
- Dates: February 17-19, 2017
- Cost: $60
- Sign up deadline: Wednesday February 15, 2017
- For: 6th-12th graders
- Location: Various homes in the Edmond/ NW OKC/ Piedmont Area
- Check in: 5:00 p.m.
- What to pack:
- Snacks: A 2 liter and/or snack to share with their host home (ex. a family size bag of chips or package of cookies etc.)
- Clothing: casual clothes, clothes for sleeping, a set of clothes that could get dirty, tennis/closed toed shoes, clothes for Sunday morning (You will wear gravity shirt and jeans/pants)
- Necessity Items: Bible, Notebook, Pen, Toiletry Items (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, toothbrush, etc.), Towel, Sleeping Bag, Pillow, Blankets
- The weekend ends at noon on Sunday. You will pick up your student up at QSBC after Sunday Small Groups dismiss.
- You can find the Gravity Weekend Information Packet here.