College is an exciting time for students as they pursue their dreams and careers with their newfound freedoms. It can also be a challenging time as they learn how to incorporate their faith into the world around them. For most students, this is their first opportunity to make their faith their own. At QSBC, we desire to reach students with the gospel of Jesus Christ, build them up in their faith, and send them out as missionaries all over the world. Our mission is to:
- Proclaim the gospel boldly and equip our students to share their faith with those around them.
- Help our students mature in their faith through Bible study, one-on-one mentoring, and developing a daily walk with Jesus.
- Engage our students within the life of the church by connecting them with families in our church through the Adopt-A-Student program.
- Allow students to discover their own unique talents, abilities, and spiritual gifts that God has given them, and to show them ways they can use their gifts to serve within our church and community.
- Participate in missions and outreach events both on their campus and to the ends of the earth.
We are also grateful for the opportunity to reach the nations at our door. We have a thriving international student ministry that allows us to share the gospel with students from countries all over the world. Through this ministry, we hope to:
- Engage our international students with American families through our Adopt-A-Student program.
- Provide language classes through our church-wide ESL program.
- Share the gospel and the teachings of the Bible.
- Effectively disciple students who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior.
- Pray for the believers who are returning home to a country where they will face persecution.
We desire to stay connected with students who have grown up in our church by keeping them informed of activities happening here, so they can participate in our ministry when they come home. We also want to help them find a church home where they are currently living, and encourage them to be actively engaged in organizations that are sharing the gospel on their campuses.
ADOPT A COLLEGE STUDENT:
The QSBC College Ministry is looking for families interested in adopting a student for the 2016-2017 school year. We are looking for families of all life stages; whether you are empty-nesters or still have young kids at home, we need you! The goal of this program is to help our students build relationships with other families in our church body. Adopting a student can be as easy as taking your new kid to lunch after church on Sunday, inviting them to join you at your kid's soccer game, including them in your family movie night, or simply opening up your home as a place for them to do homework or laundry.
Click here to download the family application.
Click here to download the student application.
Each spring, QSBC offers several scholarships for undergraduate and seminary students. Scholarship applications usually become available in January and are due mid-March. Be looking for more information on scholarships this winter!
• Follow us on Twitter.
• Join our Facebook group.