Sermon Notes 08-21-11pm
1 John 2:28
Intro: The NT uses four different words to describe the 2nd coming.
- Revelation, Epiphany, Coming & Appearing.
- Two used in this One verse…
t/s – John is thinking about the Return of Jesus as
1) Appearing – manifestation, making visible the unseen reality of His glory!
2) Coming – parousia – arrival of a king…. Presence.
The Visible Presence of Jesus.
1 John 2:28
The Reality of His Return
His Visible Presence…. The Day will come!
ILL – “He’s Coming Back!”
App – Connected to the Lord’s Supper
- Until I drink it new with you in the Kingdom
- Rev. 19: 7-9
The Reality of Our Relationship with Jesus
Family Metaphor…. “Little Children”
“Abide in Him” == Walk as He Walked because the day with come when you see Him face to face!
John 15 – Jesus teaching concerning discipleship
- Maintain a vital Connection
n embrace Truth; Live Right; Love People
Imagine a Wayward son a the Table….
- Free Speaking siblings…
- Shame, eyes down, hesitant to come to table.
…Be ready for Him when He appears, ready to
Receive Him with open arms, with no cause for red-faced guilt or lame excuses when He arrives. (Message)